[plug] [OT] fear of posting (was: Day 2)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Sep 19 20:41:29 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 18:56, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:45, Chris Caston wrote:
> > Kind of like getting punched or "slagged" on in high school if you
> > say something that the general mob don't agree with. You quickly
> > learn to not say anything at all.
>
> After extensive treatment along those lines, the therapy failed to work
> with me. Or maybe I'm just over-compensating or something.
>
> However, in my best and most subtle manner (those who know me well will
> be flinching about now) I kindly refer you to close introspection of
> your previous post, from the perspective of the recipient.

Yeah I was just saying that's what it reminded me of on a true and
honest level. I don't think that is James or Cameron's intention for it
to be seen that way. I'm sure their interest is helping everyone to use
correct spelling, word use and syntax.

There to a general and accepted practise in IT to be as correct as
possible. You shouldn't make mistakes in source code nor should you make
them in written English. I understand that.

> Cheers; Leon
Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

Office: 1300 722 146
mobile: 0422 978315

[T]he entrepreneur appears in a genuinely competitive market economy as a sort of trustee whom the community
has placed in charge of its means of production. Comparing the costs of his services with those of a bureaucratic
state-controlled economy, our entrepreneur may be regarded as a very inexpensive public servant, one who really assumes risks,
while the politician is apt to be answerable only to God and history. ( Economics of the Free Society (1937),Wilhelm Röpke, p. 192).