[plug] Pager line-based filtering

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 25 17:31:12 WST 2004

In message <20040925092222.GA23582 at cp.yi.org>
on Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 05:22:22PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I presume that just using 'grep' and piping it through less isn't good
> enough for you?

Well, that is the "poor man's" solution, which is sometimes okay but
always unwieldy. I do not necessarily know in advance what patterns I
wish to use, and I do not necessarily know how many lines of context
I want around each match. I would saw that vim is sufficiently
featureful, but I was hoping there was something available in the
'pager' category (rather than 'editor').