[plug] Fw: Australian Open Source Symposium

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Sep 28 00:57:59 WST 2004

What are the differences between the above, and a Linux Conference
(apart from the presentations being shorter, and the event being
shorter)?

I would have thought that it would have been better to have had both the
program and the registration/attendance fees, published at this stage,
given that the event is only a month away, to increase public awareness
and attendance. If a person wanted to convince an employer, that the
event is worthwhile for the employer to sponsor the employee to attend
the event (or to give the employee time off to attend the event), or,
for self-employed (contractors, etc), to determine whether to attend the
event and make arrangements to be available to attend the event (if any
of these classes of people are appropriate to attend the event), I would
think that at least a month's notice of the details, would be required,
to investigate the suitability, and to make arrangements or justify
attendance.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale