[plug] ATO business portal, testing required

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Sep 27 18:55:05 WST 2004

Ok folks,

We have some challenges lined up.

The ATO has been testing their current portal at http://bp.ato.gov.au/
with Linux. They are running Java 1.4.2_03, Mozilla 1.2.x under RedHat
9. After installing the CSI software, they can use the portal with no
problems.

My machine has Java installed, has the CSI installed, seems to talk to
the CSI without problems, but nothing happens when I try to login. Java
fires up - that is, the console window for Java shows, but nothing seems
to load, nor does anything seem to happen.

Apart from trying this yourself, which I encourage you to do, can anyone
point out why I see nothing with my setup which is:

      * Debian
      * Mozilla 1.6 / Galeon 1.3.15 / Opera 7.54
      * Java 1.4.2_04

If there is more information that you need, please let me know what is
required.

PS. Java works in the browsers, the applet at:
http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.jsp works just fine.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..