[plug] Looking for network card module

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:13:24 WST 2004

Card seems fine. The system I am using it on is a test system and I
have a few different systems I run on it, via hard disk mobile racks.
It works fine with Windblows, RedHat and Mandrake. Smoothwall just
does not include the driver for this card. They tell you how to add it
but you need a version compiled against the kernel it is using, which
as of  the patches I installed last night is 2.4.27. I put a 2.4.20
one on it and configed the system to use it but it came up with the
message about wrong version and refused to load it. Tom Cleary
suggested doing a modload -f on it to force it but because of the
cutdown install, there is no modload on the system. I do have the
source code for the drive so all I need is someone who is running a
2.4.27 kernel who can conpile it for me or who already has the driver
on their install. I have found the r8169.o file on a number of
installs so far but all different kernel versions.