[plug] tetex-bin didn't upgrade

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 12:30:09 WST 2004

In message <415A37B3.90202 at smlintl.com.au>
on Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 12:18:59PM +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Yeah I had a look at the log it was missing one config file which
> 'happens' on an upgrade supposedly only on debian why I don't know hence
> testing I suppose.  Anyways I created by just doing touch texsys.cfg in
> the following directory.
>
> #cp texsys.cfg /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex

Interesting! I don't have any such file yet (I have not upgraded my
testing version of tetex since 2.0.2-15).

> I think its the language.def file according to the log which is missing.

Oh dear. On my system:

% locate language.def
/etc/texmf/etex/language.def
/usr/share/texmf/etex/plain/config/language.def
% dpkg -S language.def
tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/etex/plain/config/language.def
tetex-base: /etc/texmf/etex/language.def

So...both those files should be there, owing to the tetex-base package.