[plug] New PLUG news server

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 17:48:24 WST 2004

In article <15034901.ZM5sM8dIcB at patrick.wattle.id.au>, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> nntplib.NNTPTemporaryError: 441 Invalid header "Message-ID:
><1096446827.2873.14.camel at localhost>", article not posted
>
> I believe it's not happy with the @localhost part.  From reading the
> source, Leafnode requires the message-id domain to have a ".", not
> start with "localhost", not start with "127.0.0." and not be
> "linux.local".

Most of those are good policies (as discussed on this list previously --
but when does 'linux.local' arise??). Unfortuantely, a significant
number of PLUG subscribers appear to generate dubious Message-IDs (as
discussed on this list previously). I guess that might mean it'll be an
ongoing problem for us.