[plug] New PLUG news server

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 17:57:30 WST 2004

In article <3278280.AYzaTbetnI at patrick.wattle.id.au>, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> One "solution" might be to have the posting script remove the message-id
> if leafnode rejects it.  That's what the gmane scripts do.

Should we create a new newsgroup to discuss the news server,
or take this to plug.test?? Can we cross-post ;-)

I wonder if Mailman can do any Message-ID filtering. If Mailman were to
replace the problematic Message-IDs, that would uniformly and
simultaneously solve the problem for both the mailing list and the
newsgroups, if I understand your processes correctly.