[plug] New PLUG news server

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 30 07:43:53 WST 2004

In article <20040929164922.GH32234 at patrick.wattle.id.au>, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I've taken that mbox, cleaned it up a bit[1]
[...]
> [1] The older messages didn't have quoted From_ lines and a few messages
> were corrupted.  I hate mbox.

You are correct that there are body lines that begin with unquoted From.
However, they are not valid mbox From_ lines so there is technically no
problem separating the messages from each other. Hence, I did not
adulterate the mbox when I regenerated the Mailman archives. A
consequence of this is that if an mbox parser does not validate the
format from the From_ lines, it will mistake the unquote lines for From_
lines.