[plug] FTP setup and transfer

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:03:38 WST 2004

----- Original Message -----
> From: Joong Cho <********@westnet.com.au>

> I am new to Debian Linux. Just installed it at the PLUG night.
Another welcome is extended to you.  You should find plenty of support
here for Debian related tasks, though it is often beneficial if you
show what steps you have taken towards working out the problem
yourself.

Are you new to just Debian or Linux in general?

> Just got several questions for you guys. How do you transfer files between
> Windows and Linux, as I put sharing on several Windows folders networked?
For transferring files from Windows, to and from Linux machines, I use
WinSCP - ( http://winscp.sourceforge.net ).  This is quick and secure
and has a very simple interface.  As the linux machines that I
currently have run headless, I use VNC (I use TightVNC
http://www.tightvnc.com ) or Putty (
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ ) to do what I need
with the files that have been transferred.

I will leave the rest of the questions up to those that are more
knowledgeable that I :)

regards,
  Nathan D.

natdan at gmail.com