[plug] Thunderbird date format

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Thu Sep 30 19:36:29 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

> Nevertheless, I found that if you
>right-click on a mailbox's name and choose 'Properties...", you will get
>an option to 'Check this folder for new messages' under the 'General
>Information' tab.

Now thats one for the archives. Shows you how counter intuitive it is. I
have been using GUIs for years as well as CL (one of the few young ones
to grow up on a CL) and even though I /know/ that just about every thing
has a right click I didn't realise that I could even get properties for
a folder. I always thought that thunderbird was missing an offline kinda
feature and then there it was, right under properties!!
I learn something new every day yet I can top the state in computer
comps, goto Canberra for Computer Olypiads and design computer products
yet I still can't find all the /hidden/ features of software.
Tim