[plug] OT: Mobile reception boost

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Apr 5 17:45:03 WST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, quoth Onno Benschop:

> At the moment I'm going one step further and investigating if I can use
> my local Asterisk PBX to manage my phone, so it can sit in the car and I
> can use a cordless phone to answer calls and call out. I'll let you know
> how that goes...

Someone's writing a chan_bluetooth module for asterisk, which will be
useful for that, but I don't think it's anywhere near completion yet.

You can also buy devices that take a SIM card, and provide a phone socket,
so you can hook that up to asterisk via an FXO card (or the FXO port on a
Sipura 3000, and you can then hook up your cordless to the Sipura's FXS
port)

 - Matt