[plug] Re: Webserver problems

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Tue Apr 5 21:02:36 WST 2005

> Message: 6
>
> it looks to me like you have your modem directly connected to a
> windows box and haven't got any ports forwarded to the webserver.
>
> I could be wrong, but thats just from a quick look.
>
> If you have a router, I strongly recommend you use it as a router at
> least for the meantime and forward port 80 to the webserver, and if
> you receive mail 25 to the mailserver.

I've already got my port's forwarded, using my modem/router's port
forwarding options and hopefully, to the correct IP Address. I'm currently
using the NetComm NB1300 Plus 4 router for my ADSL connection and have the
following IP address for both computers:

192.168.1.5 is my main computer that I do all my work on running Windows XP.
192.168.1.11 is my webserver box with Linux running the hosting thing.

Cheers.

Joong Cho