[plug] OpenSource seminar - THANKS!

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Apr 7 11:46:03 WST 2005

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:55:27 +0800 Denis Brown wrote:

> Since this was on the PLUG list it is probably not OT to offer a sincere
> Thanks to Harry and all the ones who presented, arranged-to-happen,
> attended, etc today's seminar at OpenSource WA in Bentley.   Even though I
> am not in private enterprise per se, I figure that we all have (and are!)
> clients at some level and it was good to share with others in the IT
> profession and learn the elements of business success, client satisfaction,
> etc from those at the coal face.
>
> Hope to attend more such functions in the future.
> Well done!

Thanks Denis

It's really become obvious to us that, while we have many technical forums
(including this very good one!), professional development and discussion
about the business end of IT (the financials and people relationships) are
not as well supported and that's one of the roles that we see for SLPWA.

We also expect to have more technical get togethers too for members and guests
to feed the inner geek ;-) but it was interesting yesterday to see those
people who had the terminology to succinctly communicate their business
activity. It's a language that's needed to confidently articulate why
a non-technical person needs your professional services.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the day :-)

All the best
Harry

--