[plug] firefox bug?

Matthew Lambie mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au
Wed Apr 6 01:15:38 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 23:13 +0800, Lyndon Maydwell wrote:
> Well, you were right, it was flash after all.
>
> I had the flashblock extension installed and it was crashing on every
> page that had flash once I checked, however, only when I clicked on
> the animations. Once again it was just coincedence that made me think
> it was a bug.
>
> I had just told my hosemates that they could use my computer to use
> abiword and surf the net. And /hurray/ both firefox, and abiword are
> suddenly not working. Why is it that it's never one thing broken at a
> time?

At the risk of sounding naive, is there a reason why you don't have
separate users for your housemates? For the few days between moving
house and setting up my network I had a user for my girlfriend on my
laptop. She couldn't touch my work data, and equally importantly
couldn't damage system files.

Plus she liked Ubuntu so much she wanted it on her machine. What she
didn't know that she was getting it well before she asked for it :)

--

Thanks,

Matthew Lambie
Technical Director