[plug] OT: Mobile reception boost

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 6 06:48:17 WST 2005

I am in E. Vic Park (same hollow?) and know what you mean.  Metal roof,
surrounded by metal roofs (signal improves dramatical by going outside).
I moved from telstra to vodafone a while back and signal went from
borderline + dropouts to reasonable.  Same with Murdoch Uni, had to go
outside most buildings to get a usable signal, vodafone is much better
(tower placement here) The Telstra signal in general seems inferior to
vodafone in Perth (dont see how, dont they often share towers?) ... and
theirs also the $$$$ saving each month!!

Buy a vodafone prepay and test, or email me offline and I'll drop by and
you can borrow my sim and test it on the spot.

Telstra do have much better country coverage.  Is their such a thing as
a multinetwork SIM? - uses the network you set, but makes available
other networks on demand.  Otherwise its have two sims.

BillK