[plug] [OT] PDF Conversions

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 10:55:14 WST 2005

On Fri, April 8, 2005 10:40 am, Gavin Chester said:
> -snip-
>
> The idiot in the corner, ignorant of what everyone is talking about and
> what the original question was, muttered "have you looked at reportlab?"
>
> http://www.reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html
>
> (quote/)
> Our free Open Source PDF library is suitable for web publishers,
> developers or creative design professionals who need to quickly and
> easily create or automate complex (even data-driven) documents. It lets
> you create professional documents programmatically without being locked
> into one special technology and/or platform.
> (/quote)

Ah yes, I've heard of that.  I saw a presentation last year on it at a
seminar organised by a fine Perth based organisation that promotes Linux.
The slides are here:
http://www.plug.org.au/events/seminar/2004-05-files/plug_rl_presentation.tar.bz2
(may wrap)

However it depends on what Tim is trying to do as to whether it's suitable
or not.

--
Mark O'Shea