[plug] [OT] PDF Conversions

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:40:38 WST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 09:00 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au> writes:
>
> >I understand that you are attempting to modify a printable file.
> >Presumably you're attempting to do something like a mail-merge, but
> >playing with the output which you have in PostScript.
>
> >My advise would be to generate the content separately, then merge the two
>
> There are indeed tools to "overlay" postscript files on top of each
> other. The original can be a PDF -- but transformed back to PS.
>
> I've used LaTeX in the past to generate invoices; simply because
> LaTeX provides such a comprehensive resource for automagic layout of
> documents. Any EPS could be placed anywhere on the form; even under
> text.

-snip-

The idiot in the corner, ignorant of what everyone is talking about and
what the original question was, muttered "have you looked at reportlab?"

http://www.reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html

(quote/)
Our free Open Source PDF library is suitable for web publishers,
developers or creative design professionals who need to quickly and
easily create or automate complex (even data-driven) documents. It lets
you create professional documents programmatically without being locked
into one special technology and/or platform.
(/quote)

Regards, Gavin