[plug] [OT] Possible fire hazard

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Apr 8 14:31:15 WST 2005

Hi People,

I'm having a bit of a dispute with my landlord's agent, who has decided
to write me nasty letters about the "electrical cables" on the floor
being fire hazards.

These "electrical cables" lead from my Alcatel router to various
computers in the house, and say "Category 5E" on them, and plug into the
ethernet ports in the machines.

I can't get a definitive answer as to whether she has her head up her
rear end for the warmth or for the aroma, and I have tried the following
institutions - Joondalup Council, Perth Council, Western Power, Fire
Brigade.

Anyone who can give me the name and contact details of who to approach
to set this person right. (Not that I think she'll ever be set right -
I've told her twice, and the owner says he's told her that they are data
cables, but they become "electrical cables" and become a fire hazard
AGAIN)

Any help appreciated, and thanks for the forebearance on an OT subject.