[plug] [Semi-OT] AMD 64 3000+

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Fri Apr 8 16:26:41 WST 2005

Well tomorrow I should be going out to buy a nice new AMD 64 3000+ with
1Gb RAM on an Asus A8V Deluxe K8T800Pro (With AGP) or similar.
I'm wondering if anyone has used this hardware and had problems or any
other tips they can share. I'll probably still use my TNT2 with it as I
don't care to much about the video performance at the moment. As I'm not
ready to reinstall Linux I guess I'm still going to be running 32 bit
for a while unless there is some easy way to migrate. (Debian)

Also how is driver support for onboard stuff like lan, and wifi? SATA
and firewire don't worry me ATM as I don't have devices for them.

Thanks

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net