[plug] How do I make Firefox a startup on reboot?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Apr 17 22:37:57 WST 2005

Dean Holland wrote:

> There is an extension for firefox - Tabbrowser Extensions that allows
> you to "save" tab sessions and restore them at a later time. I believe
> you can set it to save the session when you close firefox and load the
> most recent tab session when it starts up - then all you would have to
> do is setup your desktop environment to start Firefox when you login
> and that should be close to what you want.

Yeah. What it sounds like he really wants is for the app to support
saving the desktop session, including application state... something
that seems to be going "out of fashion" in *nix desktops anyway (Windows
doesn't do it, so we don't like it?!?).

An extension to get firefox to register with a session manager would be
interesting, actually. Not interesting enough to make me volunteer,
though - quite enough to do already.

--
Craig Ringer