[plug] Mail Server thoughts

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:14:20 WST 2005

Ok, another email about this server I'm building.
Basically I'm going to have fetchmail with and IMAP server.
I was thinking of using dovecot as I've used it before and like it.
I'm not sure what MTA I'll use yet as Ubuntu comes with postfix but
I've used exim4 before.
I want the users mail to be stored in a Maildir in their home directory.
For my home directory (not the others) it will be mounted over NFS
from my workstation which has the bigger disks. So what I want is for
the mail to not be delievered directly into the maildir, but for it to
somehow get from the MTA into the Maildir when it is avaliable. From
memory when I had exim set up before, the mail went through procmail
then into the Maildir, is there anyway though that I can leave it in
the spool and have it go through procmail and into the Maildir later?

I know this sounds like ramble but hopefully someone will understand
what I'm trying to ask and have the answers.

Thanks

Tim