[plug] dns entry

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Apr 22 14:46:14 WST 2005

I need a little help in sorting out an entry in dns.
I have an application that runs on a linux server on the local lan which sits behind a
firewall.  I need to access this server from a vpn connection from a remote location.
Having an entry to this server in our dns zone only looks at the main gateway server
which is not where the service is located nor is it on any of the servers in the DMZ..
So my question is how can I acccess the application and have the dns address the
correct server.  The DNS entries in the one zone is for servers and services in the
DMZ (they have public addresses) , this partcular service is not there (it has a private
ip address). It has it's ip address in the private dns zone entry, from the internal LAN
this isn't an issue.

Hope I haven't confused the issue too much.

Thanks