[plug] KDE desktop icon text

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Sat Apr 23 13:48:45 WST 2005

Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> I do agree with you on xandros. its *verry* newbie friendly. Ubuntu is
> pretty awesome as well, but I think just minorly xandros trumps it for
> newbie nice. I'd suggest learning as much as possible on xandros then
> 'graduating' to ubuntu.

Actually I'll probably eventually make my 1st graduation to Kubuntu.  I
had a look at Ubuntu and Kubuntu 5.0.4 (Hoary) and I must admit I prefer
KDE to Gnome.

  Next stop: gentoo ;) ;) ;)

Not really likely I feel.

> Anyway, I dont have a kde box at the moment, but I did find this..
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/308516

Great!!  Half way there.  The "align to grid" fixed the wrap point in
the icon names.

Next, how do I get the icon names to the right of the icons instead of
underneath them?

Thanx again
Kev
Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
Windows isn't the answer. Windows is the question. The answer is NO!
I use, recommend and support OS/2 Warp and eComStation.