[plug] KDE desktop icon text

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sat Apr 23 18:24:19 WST 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 13:00, Kev wrote:
> I have just installed Xandros 3.0, which has a KDE desktop.  I want to
> be able change how the desktop icon names wrap.  eg  I have ...
> 		Wasteb
> 		  in
> and I'd like to have it all stay on 1 line.  In fact I'd like to have
> the icon names to the side instead of underneath the icons?

This is from Mandrake 10.2, so getting to the KDE Control Panel might be a
little different. The standard icon looks like a little green circuit
board and newer versions also have a monitor with a black screen. On this
laptop, it's Menu -> System -> Configuration -> Configure your computer.

Once you find and start the control panel, choose LookNFeel, Style, and the
Miscellaneous tab. You will find a dropdown which says:

    Text position: [ Text Under Icons ]

The other options are: Text Alongside Icons, Icons Only, Text Only.

While you're there, do a tour of the control panel. It's an education in
itself.

Cheers; Leon