[plug] KDE desktop icon text

Innis Cunningham innisc at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 19:12:20 WST 2005

Hi Kev

Kev writes

>Hi all
>
>I'M A NEWBIE, NON-TECHNICAL, IN-EXPERIENCED LINUX TRIER.
>
>I have just installed Xandros 3.0, which has a KDE desktop.  I want to be
>able change how the desktop icon names wrap.  eg  I have ...
>		Wasteb
>		  in
>and I'd like to have it all stay on 1 line.  In fact I'd like to have the
>icon names to the side instead of underneath the icons?
>
>I know about F2 - click but that doesn't allow me to change anything except
>the icon name.
>
>Please don't tell me that Google is my friend.  A Google search gave me
>nothing I could recognize as useful here.

While I cant add anything positive a look on Google with regards to KDE
would tend to suggest that you cant have the text on the side but I can have
20 characters before wrap around occurs on my Mandrake 10 install of KDE
for the names under the icons so maybe somewhere you can change the number
of characters but I could not find it anywhere in the KDE setup.
The choices Leon was refering to seem to apply to the windows toolbar icons
and not to the desktop icons but I could be wrong.

>Thanx in advance
>Kev

Cheers
Innis