[plug] ** April Workshop Notice **

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Apr 25 01:44:57 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 23:18 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> I thought that those GUI email applications came with a recall button.
>
> I have seen messages "This is to advise that Fred Dagg is recalling the
> message sent at .... to ...., as it was sent in error".
>
> I have seen the messages, and, PINE does not appear to have the
> facility, so it must be limited to the GUI email applications.
>
> If you install outedlook on WINE on top of Linux, you might get that
> facility.

A facility like that could be added, but like the "read receipt" and
"delivery receipt" schemes, it could really only be optional and work
only with supported clients.

Do _you_ see Moz Thunderbird adding the "feature" where a remote user
can silently delete a mail by claiming to be the original sender?

Even on usenet, IIRC cancels are really a convention - a request to the
client "please don't display this message by default, it has been
cancelled".

--
Craig Ringer