[plug] Config new h/w for RAID XP and Linux

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Apr 28 22:48:38 WST 2005

http://linux.yyz.us/sata/faq-sata-raid.html#ich

> I intend to use a combination of RAID 0 and 1, what Intel calls Matrix Raid,
> part of its Intel Application Accelerator(IAA).

If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting RAID 1+0 (i.e. a
RAID-1 built on top of two RAID-0 volumes)?  That requires at least 4
drives to work.

Most of your other questions are either beyond my knowledge, or are
choices that only you can make (e.g. the partitioning of your data
between different types of RAID).

HTH,

Cameron.