[plug] Linux on a USB stick

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 1 01:38:25 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 23:56 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Richard Meyer wrote:
>

> > I was experimenting with them, because the lappy was sooooo sloooooow.
> > Anyway, after that I just changed from KDE to WindowMaker - it's a bit
> > of a disconnect, but it's definitely orders of magnitude faster. Now to
> > speed up the booting ......
> >

> Thought of trying gnoppix?

Nope, the Knoppix-derived distros were not doing well on the lappy -
they'd just hang on boot, but I'm happy enough with Window Maker

Thanks for the thought anyway ....
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart