[plug] Linux on a USB stick

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 20:39:39 WST 2005

On 8/1/05, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 23:56 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Richard Meyer wrote:
> >

> > > I was experimenting with them, because the lappy was sooooo sloooooow.
> > > Anyway, after that I just changed from KDE to WindowMaker - it's a bit
> > > of a disconnect, but it's definitely orders of magnitude faster. Now to
> > > speed up the booting ......
>
> Nope, the Knoppix-derived distros were not doing well on the lappy -
> they'd just hang on boot, but I'm happy enough with Window Maker

Just a little 'plug'. XFCE is pretty good for fast and slow computers.
I use it on most of my computers. From my main AMD64 right down to my
humble gateways and media centers. It runs well, has a good interface.
Easily customisable. Best of all it works a charm at integrating with
Gnome and KDE. Just make sure to use XFCE 4 not anything before.

Tim