[plug] First MS vista virus released :-)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Aug 5 20:22:34 WST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 15:51, Richard Meyer wrote:
> Australia leads the way.   :-)
>
> The first virus for the new MS Vista OS has been released it appears.
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=42178662&eid=-219
>
> Which idiots said that the only reason virus writers concentrate on MS
> is the fact that it's everywhere? Vista isn't anywhere yet, and it's
> already got a virus. :-)
>
> Forgive me while I laugh.
>
> Imagine considering a shell to be a drawback, rather than a power tool.
> Boggles my tiny mind.

We spent a fair time at tafe learning how to use VBS to automatically
add users to ADS from a access db or excel spreadsheet.

These files have a long history of being used to help compromise peoples
machines so it stands to reason that other scripting languages will have
security issues as well.

regards,

Chris