[plug] Linux laptops - yeah, they've been done before, but ....

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 09:30:56 WST 2005

> I'm still waiting to get that back, and in the meantime, I'm using a
> stationary computer. It's running on an Asus P2B-F motherboard that has
> been running solidly for five years now. Unfortunately, their laptops
> don't appear to be built to the same quality standards, and given the
> nature of their warranty support organisation, which should be
> tragically obvious to the patient reader who has made it this far, I
> would stay far, far away from Asus when it comes to laptops.

Why oh why didn't you post this sooner!?!? I think the lappy I just
got my sister was an Asus. Oh well, I can only hope her's lasts
longer. Actually, on that topic lots of places suck for after sales
support. It's not made easier by some of the support staff speaking
worse english than i write under exam pressure. Next time something
breaks on this lappy it'll probably be time for a new laptop, and make
this laptop more of a toy.

Currently I'm trying to get our 'Telstra' phone replaced as it's
dieing. Went into the Telstra shop, cause i didn't have a job number i
had to call telstra, they let me use the phone in the shop. After
talking (yes, no pressing buttons) to a computer I was finally put
through to a person, once again i had to give them my phone number
(which the computer had already taken, and verified by repeating it
back to me) they then told me that cause I'm with optus I had to call
them. So far, I've not made it through to the right Optus support
department, they all keep transferring me around, getting me no closer
to the right one. I even went into the Optus shop in person. So far,
the telstra phone is sitting disconnected, and I've had to connect
another ph so we can still talk to people!

Tim