[plug] [OT] Ah, dont you just love Western Power ..

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Aug 7 13:03:24 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 09:58 +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:

> <SNIP>
> => You've got nothing to complain about  ;-)
> =>
> => In the 3rd world, that I came from, we never bothered to set the clocks
> => on stoves/microwave ovens/VCR's because you'd lose power AT LEAST twice
> => a week. More in summer with the lightning storms and more again in
> => winter, when for some reason the filth would steal the cables to sell
> => for the copper content.
> =>
> => Admittedly, this is a first world country, so your standards are
> => higher.  :-)
>
> TWICE A WEEK!! Man we had forced blackouts at a certain time every day
> to enable the electricity company to be able to service all suburbs
> for at least part of the day...and that’s only the forced ones :(
>
> Adam.

OK, that's even worse, but all I was trying to do was put in
perspective. yes, it is irritating, and it would be nice to get totally
uninterrupted power, but WA power is pretty darn good, in spite of them
slipping up now and then.

Bill is, of course, right to complain, because without negative
feedback, they'll probably just assume that no-one noticed, and do it
again.  ;-)

There also appears to be crunch coming when power generating equipment
will be found to be inadequate, but I'd rather not get into that.
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart