[plug] [OT] Ah, dont you just love Western Power ..

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:05:30 WST 2005

> => In the 3rd world, that I came from, we never bothered to set the clocks
> => on stoves/microwave ovens/VCR's because you'd lose power AT LEAST twice
> => a week. More in summer

I've also lived in a 3rd world country, and I second that. Power was
unreliable and prone to drop out in summer when demand exceeded
supply, and temperatures exceeded 40. I never thought I'd hear the
world "load-shedding" once I returned here, but it seems there's no
escape!

Now, if only I could build a 1kW UPS........

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com