[plug] /var/log/secure reporting

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:53:30 WST 2005

Perhaps you could add a command in your profile to log something. When
you log in and the profile is executed, the message is logged. How you
would log it is a good question though.

You could even make it system-wide and root-only writeable by putting
it in /etc/profile.

Just my thoughts,
Daniel

On 8/8/05, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been marvelling at the scripted login attempts of my
> router/webserver/firewall box at home and It occurred to me that If I
> could get some sort of script to post successful login's for the past
> 2 weeks as a MoTD when I ssh into it I'd feel a lot happier.
>
> Anyone think of a simple way to do this?
>
> --
> Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
> "Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From
> the gnome.org website
> www.modmeup.net

Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com