[plug] Re: [OT] Portable Music Player, Voice Recorder

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:56:41 WST 2005

On 8/9/05, simon <simon at plumtek.com> wrote:
> Timothy White (weirdit at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I contacted the company. Unfortunately it doesn't play ogg yet :(
> >
> > So I'm still searching. The basic requirements is a Compact Flash
> > based Ogg player.
> > I can live without the rest, but radio and recording would be nice.
> > Speex isn't required.
>
> Just out of interest, why OGG?
>
> Is there a technical reason for wanting it, or is this an anti-MP3 thing based
> on moral reasoning?

Hmmm, a number of reasons. Better sound and better compression. All my
music I get off CD's is straight to ogg. And in a way anti MP3 cause I
can ;)

It's similar to why I'd love speex recording. Cause it sounds better
than MP3 at a smaller size. And that's not just regurgitating what
I've read. I tested it for my self. Same thing for Ogg Vorbis.

Tim