[plug] Re: [OT] Portable Music Player, Voice Recorder

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Tue Aug 9 12:41:04 WST 2005

________________________________

From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au on behalf of Timothy White
Sent: Tue 09-Aug-05 12:17 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Re: [OT] Portable Music Player, Voice Recorder

Hmmm. From my experience and from reviews and other stuff I've read on
the net. I think it's time a company started listening to what people
want. I know they can survive by making a product and selling it, but
most geeks know what they want and would love a company that focused
more on what we want, not what they want to make.

Tim

And when your requirements differ ever so slightly from someone elses?

Case in point is how many people use CF for storage... If they sold 1,500 would it cover the R&D and marketing costs? How much would it cost if it were to cover costs?

On the other hand, with the right programming skills, there's the possibility of forking the firmware for a CF compatible player and adding OGG &/ Speex support....

Maybe necessity really is the mother of invention...

CraigF.

(excuse the html, etc due to OWA)