[plug] Why is the FC redhat network alert notification tool so screwed up?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Aug 15 08:08:55 WST 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Craig Ringer wrote:

>> Is FC4 a 'testing' distribution, and the fedora project is going back
>> to alternating stable and testing?
>
> It's a fairly bleeding edge distro, but "stable" in the sense that
> releases are tested and maintained, and that things are only upgraded if
> there are major issues or security holes.
>
> --

Perhaps someone could clarify this, as I no longer use RHLinux (stopped
at 7.x or 8), but my understanding of the way that RH Linux was
structured after the restructuring, and is now structured, is that RHE
Linux is the equivalent of Debian stable and FC Linux is the equivalent
of Debian testing.

That understanding is (to me) reinforced by the wording on the web
pages at www.redhat.com/fedora and www.redhat.com/software/rhelorfedora
.

But then, I could be wrong...

--