[plug] gentoo progress

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 16 06:44:18 WST 2005

I find this option good in theory, but not much good in practice (doesnt
take into account reliability, and end-to-end bandwidth appears to vary
greatly - there's no guarantee tht it will be as fast tomorrow).  I get
better results using a manual selection.

My current ones are:
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.averse.net/pub/gentoo/
http://gentoo.gg3.net/ http://gentoo.osuosl.org/"