[plug] Something is awfully wrong with this scenario. Jeremy?

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Tue Aug 16 13:27:06 WST 2005

Cameron Patrick wrote:
> It seems to be true.  See this blog entry, e.g.:
>
>     http://www.screamingroot.org/node/21
>
> Cameron

And further.
http://www.ilaw.com.au/linuxfaq.html
"The letter is simply saying that if you are using the word to identify
your business or its products or services, we want you to help Linus out
by signing a declaration to say that you are doing so under licence from
his agents LMI."
"Why was I sent the letter?
The letter was sent to anyone whom it appeared might have been using the
word 'Linux', or some derivative of that word, in a trade mark context."

http://www.malcolm.id.au/
"I'm in the news again over my application to register 'Linux' as a
trade mark in Australia." ...
"I really do think we can trust [Linus] not to abuse his trademark on
the word Linux."

Greg.