[plug] Something is awfully wrong with this scenario. Jeremy?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 16 15:41:42 WST 2005

Simon, this is starting to look like a troll.  There have been
explanations by all parties including the "official representatives of
Torvalds" who are designated to look after this matter.

As far as nobody telling you this has happened, it seems that a number
of people on this list are aware of this and I have had emails from
Linux Australia (I think, didnt take much notice as this really isnt a
big thing except for the /. loony brigade who have suddenly woken up)
notifying members this was being done on "our" behalf.

I dont have a problem with this except that it has become is necessary
to prevent someone like Microsoft, SCO or others producing a branded
Linux designed to upset our applecarts.  Jeremy is an experienced lawyer
who I have met and spoken with at a couple of seminars and I find him is
very IT knowledgeable.  He has hit the news a few times, and the T3
victory was very satisfying - who else in the legal fraternity has shown
themselves on "our" side?  It hard to reconcile the picture being
painted on /. with what I have seen of him.

Make some time to bone up on the subject.  Join some industry
associations for the "inside news" instead of listening to scuttlebutt.
Interesting to read maybe, but not the truth as I see it.

BillK