[plug] Re: Linux trademark license fees?

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed Aug 17 09:05:00 WST 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:02, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 13:52, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > Lovely isn't it. A guy tries to help out - since that's how
> > everything seems to me - and gets completely trashed by people
> > jumping to conclusions.
>
> Not only that, I can't even post in his defence.

It wouldn't have done any good anyway.  By the time it hit the frontpage the
mob was already in a frenzy.  QuantumG was making a last ditch defence of
Jeremy but he was soon modded into oblivion.  Basically, we just saw a public
lynching of a friend and there was nothing we could do about it.

Personally, if I was Jeremy, I'd be at least looking at suing people like Tom
Hudson for liable - quote: 'Jere4my Malcolm is not a practicing lawyer.  He's
a whore for the Church of Scientology.'  Drag /. into the mix and you could
really set the cat amongst the pigeons =).

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

A formal parsing algorithm should not always be used.
		-- D. Gries

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/