[plug] Re: Linux trademark license fees?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 10:15:50 WST 2005

> It wouldn't have done any good anyway.  By the time it hit the frontpage the
> mob was already in a frenzy.  QuantumG was making a last ditch defence of
> Jeremy but he was soon modded into oblivion.  Basically, we just saw a public
> lynching of a friend and there was nothing we could do about it.

I did see a few posts from Jonathan Oxer, who of course was featured
in the article. Couple of other folks (Bandraginus, for one) were also
pretty good... pity I threw away my 5 mod points by posting myself :(

> Personally, if I was Jeremy, I'd be at least looking at suing people like Tom
> Hudson for liable - quote: 'Jere4my Malcolm is not a practicing lawyer.  He's
> a whore for the Church of Scientology.'  Drag /. into the mix and you could
> really set the cat amongst the pigeons =).

Erm, yes... tomhudson is the sole entry on my Foes list :(

I don't know if suing will do much good - thanks to the 1st Amendment,
defamation isn't near as serious over in America (that was the whole
story behind the DMCA letters which crop up in criticism, BTW).

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.