[plug] The clarion voice of sanity in a slashmob of chaos.

simon simon at plumtek.com
Wed Aug 17 10:14:42 WST 2005

Senectus . (senectus at gmail.com) wrote:

> None whatsoever.

Agreed.

> What they CAN'T do, and the reason why (I believe) the trademark needs
> to be registered and enforced is produce a product called "Linux"
> _that is NOT Linux_.

Well, the distinct is important. They couldnt call the product Linux, but are
still free to use the word in promotional material.

"Microsoft Pistacio (tm) - a better linux than linux!"

And, as an aside, who a) would release a product called linux that isnt linux
and b) after doing so wouldnt expect to be found out my the FOSS community and
receive all the bad press such an action would entail?

Im still struggling to see who we are meant to be protecting with this.

Perhaps Im just dumb. Save a seat on the bandwagon for me.

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com
mob: 0409113359