[plug] The clarion voice of sanity in a slashmob of chaos.

simon simon at plumtek.com
Wed Aug 17 10:23:23 WST 2005

Leon Brooks (leon at cyberknights.com.au) wrote:

> Dunno if you've noticed, but...
>
>  1. Linux is big bu$ine$$ now; so

It is? To me its a piece of software that runs my dualhead desktop and a bunch
of servers. What others do with it is their business. I dont see why someone
making money out of linux in any way affects my usage and enjoyment of it.

>  2. some serious people have stopped playing nice.

examples? I was chasing some examples yesterday, but all I could find was
'linuxchix', which I believe wasnt even in australia.

So, in effect, trademarking the name 'Linux' is a panacea for keeping big
business in line? :) People will do stupid things for money, and I think the
FOSS crowd getting involved with this is a big mistake.

How far away is the Hurd anyway? Perhaps Ill grow a beard..... ;)

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com
mob: 0409113359