[plug] Re: Linux trademark license fees?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Aug 17 11:59:15 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 11:48 +0800, skribe wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:40, Richard Meyer wrote:
>
> > You must've started some flame war there, Leon. :-)
>
> I've read the last 5 or so of Leon's /. posts and they're all quite
> well-written and reasonable.  Despite this they've been modded down.  The
> irony is that in one of the discussions Leon and his opponent were virtually
> arguing along the same lines and were merely hair-splitting.  Leon was modded
> down and the other guy was modded +5 insightful.  It's just the usual
> moderators on crack.

That I can believe, I've never seen Leon starting flame wars here (hence
the smilie).

There's lots wrong with /. , and I'm not going to go into that at all.
It's far too easy for the voice of moderation and insight to be drowned
out by the clamouring BS of the great unwashed masses. And if you think
I'm being elitist, you're right. Far too many people say exactly what
they think, even if it proves they don't actually THINK.  :-)

> Once I get some mod points I'm going to see if I can mod the posts back up to
> see if that gives him back access to that account.

Good luck.

> skribe
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart