[plug] The clarion voice of sanity in a slashmob of chaos.

simon simon at plumtek.com
Wed Aug 17 13:57:18 WST 2005

Senectus . (senectus at gmail.com) wrote:

> did you read this :
> http://www.ilaw.com.au/linuxfaq.html
> (from the horses mouth)

yup, and nowhere does it say that license fees are required by Australian law.

quote:
>But you're asking me for money!
>No I'm not. You might be required to licence the mark in the future if you are
>using the Linux mark in a trade mark context for your business, but I have no
>instructions, and don't anticipate receiving any, to pursue you to take out such a
>licence.

Meaning: we reserve the right to charge fees, but we probably wont. This
infact complete negates the claim that fees are required by Australian law,
since these guys probably wont charge anything !?!?! And if you arent going to
charge fees, or in fact you will only charge fees as required by law, why such
a specific fee scale? Does australian law require LMI to charge using a fee
scale based on turnover?

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com