[plug] The clarion voice of sanity in a slashmob of chaos.

simon simon at plumtek.com
Wed Aug 17 14:07:11 WST 2005

Onno Benschop (onno at itmaze.com.au) wrote:

> simon wrote:
>
> [..drivel deleted..]
>
> I'm all for having a discussion, but this is no longer a discussion.
> Your comments are regularly inflammatory and if this were IRC, you'd

Not agreeing with Onno = inflammatory? What the! I think calling someone a
troll, asking for the discussion to be moved OT, and calling someone's
postings drivel is probably a better description of inflammatory.

All I have done is put forward an opposing viewpoint, and refused to easily
accept paraphrased and probably inaccurate views of the situation. So far, the
argument has changed from 'to stop people from using the linux name for bad
things' to 'to stop people from using the linux name for things that arent
linux' to 'to stop someone else from trademarking the name'. All of these
arguments are flawed in the extreme. Id like to explore that, but it seems
blind acceptance of decisions from up high are in order around here.

> already have been bitch-slapped. Seeing that this is a public mailing
> list, I'm just going to ignore you and trust that at some stage the list
> manager will end this.

Here's your bat and ball. Perhaps the manager will see this for what it is:
healthy discussion of a linux related topic on a linux mailing list.

> For those other posters who have actually contributed to this
> discussion, thanks for your informed comment.

By 'contributed' do you mean 'agreed with me'?

Im sorry Onno, but I simply refuse to accept things that dont make sense
simply because someone tells me to, and then gets annoyed when I dont.

Thanks for your input.

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com