[plug] Suse 9.2 install on a Satelite A10. - Oh Joy

Mark Bolton voperth at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 16:49:17 WST 2005

Suse 9.2 install on a Satelite A10.

1. Run Partition magic. I set the swapfile at 500meg.
I have 500meg RAM and apparently I dont even need a
swapfile because of this. I can always resize this if
this information proves correct but I will err on the
side of caution for the moment.

2. "missing operating system" on bootup even though a
bootable CD is in the drive.

3. Bios access is <Esc> <F1> really fast as soon as
the Toshiba splash screen appears on power-up.

4. set the CD as first in boot sequence

5. Installing.

KDE Runs Fine !! Bluetooth USB dongle ran straight out
of the box. A pleasing result after spending hours
getting it to run poorly under bluesoleil. Uploaded
scinceFriday podcast to my Nokia 6255 - this rocks !!

It wont detect my USB Flashstick.

Wraps :

I am absolutely over the moon about this !! I was
ready for some really horrible learning curve vertigo
but it was a breeze. It is so clean and elegant in the
way the   OS is aranged and navigates. It reminds me
of when I dicovered Reverse Polish and the HP 11 C
back in the 80's. Linux really seems to have evolved
ito a handsome and fully fledged OS. I so look forward
to getting to know it a bit better.

Thanks to Peter and Harry for the encouragment.

Peter what sound editor would you suggest for single /
4 track editing for voiceovers? I currently use
Soundforge with Windows.

Regards Mark

http://members.iinet.net.au/~draoidh/computers/a10.html