[plug] Xinerama on Debian

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Thu Aug 18 11:13:42 WST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:45:30AM +0800, Randal Adamson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm having some issues getting Xinerama to work on Debian.
>
> A few things to consider:
>
> - I'm running unstable with Kernel 2.6.11-9-amd64-K8
> - I'm currently running XFree86
> - I'm running Gnome 2.10
> - I'm using an NVidia GeForce FX5200 card (dual head)
>
> What do you think the best solution?

I've been running debian with xinerama on a dual head MX400 for
perhaps three years without trouble.  The XINERAMA extension is
available on the X server even though it's commented in the
XF86Config-4.  I think nVidia's TwinView option enables it.

Would you like me to email you my XF86Config-4?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
  An empty cab drove up and Sarah Bernhardt got out. -Arthur Baer,
  American comic and columnist